Deutsches Technikmuseum Berlin
Berlin – German
Deutsches Technikmuseum Berlin (“German Museum of Technology”) was founded in 1982 in Berlin, Germany, first opened in 1983 under the name Museum of Transport and Technology, which it carried until 1996. The museum sees itself as the successor of the over 100 technical collections that have occurred in recent centuries in Berlin, last of the collection for a transport museum in the German Democratic Republic (the Hamburger Bahnhof), has over 25,000 m² and offers a large exhibition space at the site of a Eisfabrikation and pickup of goods and postal station and is visited by 600 000 people annually. focuses mainly of the waterways and rail traffic in / around Berlin and in Germany, beer, jewelry manufacturing and energy production.
The air and space exhibition documents the development on these areas during the 20th Century. Among the numerous exhibits are the only remaining steel-Jeannin Taube, built in 1914, from the beginnings of military aviation. The central object of this exhibition is the commercial aircraft Junkers Ju 52, better known as Aunt Ju. Rare memorabilia, a flight captain of Deutsche Lufthansa and a well-known sport pilot flying light up their everyday lives. The two-seat aerobatic training aircraft travel and Arado Ar 79 shows the state of development of civil aircraft at the aircraft factory Arado before the Second World War. The exhibition area to the Second World War focuses on the rise and fall of the Luftwaffe, and shows how the Nazis abused the fascination of flying for their own purposes. The wreckage of a Junkers Ju 87 Stuka bomber can imagine the destructive potential of the aircraft as a weapon. The media station shows man and war on the basis of six biographies of the lives of former Air Force member. Since March 2008, is a VFW-614 as an example of a German aircraft development after the Second World War in the possession of the art museum.